Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why Me?

Why should anyone vote for MK in 2012?
Are you really happy with the candidates you've had to choose from lately? Probably not. The vast majority of people in this country vote for "none of the above" by staying home in droves on election day. The two major parties are more interested in winning than they are in doing what's best for the country. They know most people will choose the least of three evils and abstain from voting. They then select easily handled candidates that are the most marketable in mass media to reach those few who actually will vote.
This is hardly the best method for choosing a president, and why there tends to be little to no significant difference in any of the candidates. I can change that. I have never been a member of any political party. I have no handlers or staff. I can make my own decisions based on what's best for the country.
I will not sign any bill that can't be paid for without borrowing money. No one in Washington apparently knows how to live on a budget. I do. I have a pretty good credit rating and have never lived above middle class. I understand how to pay my bills with the money I have. Washington needs to learn this, as our massive debt is crippling our economy and bankrupting the country in a way future generations will never be able to recover from.
I will work to greatly simplify the tax system. The country was founded by those upset with an unfair and punitive tax system forced on us by a tyrannical government. Those founders would spin in their graves to see how much worse those taxes have become. I would not eliminate the income tax system, but would replace it with a simple progressive tax system.
I will not slow the rate of government expansion. I will shrink it drastically. The government has become so large and inefficient that it is almost completely ineffective. One of the reasons 9-11 was not stopped was because of the large number of agencies that couldn't work with each other. The government's answer of creating additional agencies is hardly the answer. I would reduce the number of cabinet positions/departments to 5: Department of Defense, State Department, Department of the Interior, Department of Justice, and Department of Welfare. All other government agencies would be eliminated or simplified and run by the appropriate department.
Sound interesting? Keep checking back as I post more detailed information.

No comments:

Post a Comment